Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Week 11A

Even though this is from last week I wanted to fine tune my page since it didn't work out the way I thought it would. So I basically restarted from the beginning because somewhere my file got mess up.


Continued...




I believe that this is a better representation of the ccs part 1 tutorial instead of what I did previously. 

Now is part 2 of the css tutorial which was more linear instead of step by step what to apply to your page and more like the guidelines of possible ideas that you could use on your page. In the first image below show the coding for the html file and the next 2 below that is the code for css or the style that your apply to webpages using external css. The final image is my end result from my preview draft of my first web page. 

Some things I learned from this exercise that you can either label your css file as a class selector ( . ) or ID selector ( # ). The difference between class and ID is that ID can be used to identify one element and class can be used to identify more than one. In our previous lesson we learned how to create links but now I know how to change the color of the link and allow a color change if its active or not. To allow your less time trying to write out everything we learned to create short cuts such as (margin: 1px 5px 10px 20px;) instead of writing (margin-top: 1px; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 20px;) by doing this your saving so much more time. Besides margins you can do this with borders and padding. I also know that you can use images as your background with an easy url and saying whether you want to have your image repeating or no by saying (no-repeat or repeat). Even though I didn't apply this effect to my page, I learned that you can apply layouts such as dividing text into columns.









Here is also a moldboard describing my artist that I did research on last week. (
Lousie Fili) On this moodboard contains images that capture information about Lousie without showing any of her own work.

No comments:

Post a Comment